Technologist – Animation Specialist –
(Two-year term appointment)
Cambrian College's Computer Services department has an immediate requirement for an IT Technologist specializing in animation technologies on a two-year term appointment basis.
Reporting to the Manager, Computer Operations, the successful applicant will provide support for the digital technologies of the new Animation program, which starts in September 2009.
The Technologist will provide a high level of technical advice, guidance and support for the Animation program environment; will be responsible for the installation, maintenance, repair and troubleshooting of the equipment and software; will provide direct support for professors and students; will assist in coordinating part-time staff and students supporting the environment; and will participate in special project activities.
The successful applicant must have the following:
- a three-year diploma or degree in Computer technology, animation systems engineering, or a related field
- a minimum of five years experience with the specialized hardware and software used in 2-D and 3-D animation production
- experience in the operation, use, installation and maintenance of PC-based microcomputer hardware and related equipment
- experience with servers and workstations in a large enterprise server/workstation environment
- experience in the use, installation, operation and maintenance of the Windows operating system and other Windows software used by the College
- experience in centralized administration of laptops and workstations, including systems to distribute software patches, security updates, virus protection, scripted software fixes, and other centralized software updates
- experience in enterprise imaging and other software distribution methodologies
- demonstrated high-level analytical and troubleshooting skills
- project management experience
- excellent interpersonal, communication and time management skills
- demonstrated ability to work independently with very little supervision
The following will be considered assets:
- A+ Certification, Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer, ITIL and other technology-related training
- experience in the use, installation, operation and maintenance of the Apple operating system and other Apple software
- experience in an educational environment
All candidates selected for an interview will be required to undergo appropriate testing.
The wage rate for this 37.5-hour per week, two-year term appointment based at the Barrydowne Campus is $28.81 per hour.
Interested individuals may apply with a covering letter, quoting the competition number, and a résumé, detailing education and experience, to:
Human Resources Department
Cambrian College of Applied Arts and Technology
1400 Barrydowne Road, Sudbury, Ontario, P3A 3V8
Closing Date: Friday, March 13, 2009, at 4 p.m.
While all responses are appreciated, only those applicants who will be invited for an interview will be contacted.
Committed to education and employment equity. Applications from qualified members
of designated groups are encouraged