C.O.R.E. Digital Pictures located in downtown Toronto has an immediate opening for an experienced Modeling, Rigging and Texturing Supervisor to work on a comedic animated series that will be aired on a major U.S. television network.
The company was founded in 1994 and is one of Canada's leading digital visual effects and animation studios. Over a decade later, C.O.R.E. has successfully built three divisions: C.O.R.E. Digital Pictures, C.O.R.E. Toons and C.O.R.E. Feature Animation. Over the years, with the underlying philosophy that a studio designed by artists for artists fosters the best creative environment, C.O.R.E. has produced award-winning work for more than 55 Feature Films, 24 Television Series and 24 Movies of the Week.
C.O.R.E. offers an exciting work environment; our open work structure allows for creativity and fun at the same time. The continuous flow of interesting new projects that are awarded from major studios and production companies makes working at C.O.R.E. a unique and fulfilling experience.
Qualifications and Skills:
·Expert ability to create geometric model assets and rigs using industry standard techniques
· Excellent knowledge of creating UVs and applying textures
· Advanced knowledge of industry standard 3D production packages and various support tools
· Ability to assess shot requirements, flag potential problems and facilitate solutions
· Expert experience and understanding of asset management protocols and software
· Excellent ability to write or edit procedural scripts and tools
· Expert ability to understand/interpret the creative guidelines to create accurate representations in 3D or to direct others to do so
· Ability to collaborate with supervisors, directors, production management staff and peers
· Post graduate diploma in animation
· 5 + Years Experience in animation production in a leadership role
· Must be legally authorized to work in Canada
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
· Review provided material and direction guidelines for production assets, negotiate complexity with clients, estimate required effort for artists, assign and manage tasks to artists
· Create clean, production ready models, directory structures, file handling protocols, and procedures for the team
· Ensure team submits completed/tested model elements to the production stream using approved studio submission tools and procedures
· Ensure that timely corrections to asset team’s work are completed when required
· Explore/test related available tools and plug-ins from online forums and vendors
· Regularly contribute advanced technical and creative suggestions for the project and studio, and participate in regular management meetings related to modeling asset production
· Document relevant information for team and studio archives
· Participate in employee review process and production post mortem meetings
· Additional duties as assigned
Qualified applicants can email their websites to email@example.com or mail their demo reels including breakdown to:
C.O.R.E. Digital Pictures Recruiting
461 King St. West
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest however only those under consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.