A true cultural icon, Webkinz has been featured on every major television network and was ranked number 2 on Google’s 2007 Zeitgeist list of most popular searches. Ganz has revolutionized the toy industry with its innovative and engaging combination of online and offline play.
Now is your chance to join the creative team that has brought this vibrant world to life. Ganz is seeking a talented and motivated person with a proven love of interactive media for the position of:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Working with the Senior Art Director to ensure the best quality and continuity of all art assets for our games and interactive children’s websites.
- Ensuring the art assets meet the technical requirements as set by the technical team.
- Working with a diverse group of web designers, artists, writers and animators and managing a team of artists.
- Gathering, reviewing and validating project requirements.
- Validating effort estimates, assumptions, scope, and creative design to assist in developing project schedules.
- Creation of high-level graphical specifications for web development.
- Creation of creative briefs and style guides.
- Ensuring quality and continuity of work.
- Designing procedures to integrate varying technologies to best meet all of the above requirements
- Must have a diploma/degree in graphic arts and/or a formal fine arts degree, combined with 6+ years’ working experience in web design.
- Must have 3+ years experience at the Art Director or Team Lead level.
- Must have knowledge of web design and experience working with database driven web sites.
- Extensive understanding of graphic design for Internet applications. Extensive knowledge of colour theory, methodology and practice for internet based solutions.
- Must have knowledge of Flash and Action Script
- Must have the ability to forecast, schedule and meet deadlines.
- Must have strong design and colour sense skills.
- Strong Skills: Leadership, problem solving, organizational, written, verbal, project management.
- Ability to work in fast-paced, ever-evolving environment, while maintaining technical integrity and performance.
- Experience with character animation is an asset.
- 3D Studio Max is an asset.
Interested candidates must email their resume and online portfolios to email@example.com. Applications submitted without an online portfolio will not be considered.
Please log onto our website: www.webkinz.com.