To work with the Art Director and Production Designer to design the productions sets and environments, taking into account any styles, directions, and guidance established by the Production Designer and Art Director.
- Create strong designs, including architectural schematics, working drawings and details, consistent with the show’s look and feel
- Note feedback and revise designs as defined by the show’s Art Director as necessary
- Research visual reference material to inform designs
- Liaise with the film’s Modeling department and Modeling Supervisor to realize designs for 3D creation
- Communicate regularly and proactively with the design team, modeling team, and FX team to ensure that designs are production-friendly
- Raise potential design issues with the Modeling, FX and Animation departments
- Meet or beat design deadlines
- Proactively update the Art Director as the to status of tasks
- Work with the production’s matte painters to create, troubleshoot, and integrate matte paintings into the sets / environments being conceived, when required.
- Review one's own schedule and the schedule of peers as required, and notify production of any tasks that may be missing or improperly specified.
- 2+ years in graphic design / set design
- BA/BFA Degree in Fine Arts or Commercial Arts Field an asset
- Excellent knowledge of Photoshop & Illustrator
- Must have strong 2-D set/location/background design experience
- Must have worked on at least 2 productions
- A strong understanding of design and the issues inherent in creating compelling set designs for a 3D production
- Experience in multimedia content, film and television work an asset.
- 3-D design and modeling experience an asset.
- Must possess excellent communication, interpersonal, and multi-tasking skills.
- Proven abilities in managing projects from concept to completion.
About Rainmaker Entertainment Inc.
Rainmaker Entertainment is one of the world's most successful and prolific producers of CG animation and currently has over 350 employees based in Vancouver, Canada. Originally established in 1993 as Mainframe Entertainment, Rainmaker has produced close to 40 feature-length films based on top international brands such as Barbie, Hot Wheels, Spider-Man, Casper, Popeye, Tony Hawk, Stuart Little and Inspector Gadget and more than 250 half-hours of CG animated television including ReBoot, Transformers: Beast Wars, Action Man and Heavy Gear. Rainmaker has produced films for Sony, Mattel, Lionsgate Home Entertainment, Electronic Arts and MTV. In addition to garnering many prestigious awards for their work, Rainmaker productions have generated more than $400 million in video sales. Currently in production at Rainmaker: Escape From Planet Earth, a theatrical feature with The Weinstein Company; and new installments in Mattel's Barbie and Max Steel franchises. For more information please visit www.rainmaker.com
Thank you in advance for your application! Due to the high volume of applications, we only contact those applicants who are short-listed for interviews.
If you are interested in this position, please apply via our corporate website: http://www.rainmaker.com
Or, by post to:
Rainmaker Entertainment Inc. Suite 500-2025 West Broadway Vancouver BC V6J 1Z6 Attn: Recruiting Or, fax to: 604-714-2641