About the Job
Job Posting Date: 11/06/08
If you are looking to make an inspired career move and work for the world's most innovative children's entertainment company, apply now for the role of VP PRODUCTION.
We are seeking a VP of Production to work directly with the Executive Producer & Director of Content Development to source all elements of production and manage the production of multiple TV series concurrently from development to broadcast delivery. This position requires great instinct for telling stories that will have international appeal, general knowledge of television and interactive audience trends and a thirst for innovation. It's critical that this candidate has an extensive network of innovative and emerging talent that will help these productions stand out amongst the herd and possess the 'magic' that help steer otherwise good programs into great, groundbreaking entertainment. Understanding of the Canadian production system is a must.
• Oversee key creative elements from development through production.
• Establish creative checkpoints with clients to ensure that client expectations are achieved.
• Ensure that the creative goals are being met without over-complicating the project or going over budget.
• Monitor the progress of the outsourced production for quality and delivery.
• Approve post production material.
• Provide input on development materials and comments on scripts.
• Create sizzle reels for Sales and Distribution as required.
• Minimum 8 years previous experience as a Producer of at least 8 animated series.
• Experience working in a Producer role on International Co-Productions
• Previous writing/story editing experience
• Proficient with Word and Excel.
• Strong Management Experience
• Strong communication skills.
• Ability to handle multiple projects.
• Self starter with the ability to take initiative and follow through for results.
Core competencies include but are required but not limited to:
• Shows Initiative/Entrepreneurial Spirit
• Assertive and Tenacious
• Organization/Planning and Self Awareness
• Written/Oral Communication