We are always interested in hearing from experienced and talented artists. guru offers long term, short term and full time contracts in both commercial and long-form work.
Please send resumes and reels with a descriptive list to:
Attention: Hire Me!
110 Spadina Ave., Suite 500
Toronto, ON M5V 2K4
We are unable to return materials, so please do not submit originals. Only selected applicants will be contacted.
Guru studio is looking to add a unique and talented animation director capable of working on international campaigns in our growing commercial department.
We are looking for a creative individual with a clear vision and the passion to inspire. Minimum 5 years experience delivering television commercial projects at the highest level with an emphasis on character animation.
Must be able to pitch concepts, direct a crew of artists and shepherd the project from inception to completion through direct contact with clients and producers.
- Reel demonstrating extensive commercial and character work.
- Expertise in 3D and other digital animation techniques.
- Self-motivated personality with a natural drive to produce work of the highest caliber.
- Ability to lead, motivate and inspire artists.
- Hands-on approach to direction.
- Ability to deliver and maintain the highest creative vision while servicing client requests.
- Experience with various animation software (Maya, MAX, Mental Ray)
- Proven expertise in all areas of animation: character design, modeling, rigging, animation, lighting and compositing.
- Fun. Trustworthy. Chill
Guru Studio is looking for exceptional Character Animators for an Emmy award winning children’s series, to start in the fall of 2008. A background in art, showing a solid understanding of physical motion, dance, weight and balance would be an asset.Job Summary
Under the direct supervision of the unit’s animation supervisor and lead animator, you will be responsible for animating assigned scenes based on available live action references, storyboards and director’s notes, while maintaining weekly animation quota in addition to retakes.Requirements/Skills
- Strong abilities in traditional animation skills and principles
- Natural sense of human and non-human movement, timing, weight and balance and the ability to use this to bring characters to life
- Understand musical timing and how it applies to animated characters
- Fanatical attention to detail
- Able to work cooperatively within a creative team environment
- Dependable, able to anticipate the needs of the project and team
- Able to problem solve and share solutions
- Willing to accept direction and be open to changes from Animation Supervisors
- Minimum 6 months to 1 year professional industry experience as an Animator (junior positions); minimum two years industry experience (intermediate to senior positions), preferably with series production
- Professionally conversant with Maya
- Be active in remaining current and up to date with software
- Able to work independently to manage own workflow and deadlines
- Track own shot assignments; report shot starts and completions to producer and animation supervisor
- Organize work files efficiently
- Must be able to handle pressure and juggle multiple projects
- Need to be efficient, reliable and self motivated with minimal supervision