Company: Nerd Corps Entertainment
Position: Art Director
Start Date: ASAP
This person is responsible for the overall look and style of the show. They work with the creative team to help establish the creative direction of the project. They are responsible for interpreting the ideas of the creative team and lead a design team who will, as a joint effort, put these ideas into designs that are ready for production.This person demonstrates strong visual interpretation skills and is able to come up with innovative and creative ideas that are production friendly.
This person is also a leader within the design department and able to motivate his/her team through good communication and feedback.
RESPONSIBILITIES and DUTIES
- Provide detailed direction to design team on every assignment
- Meet client’s needs with production needs, and communicate this to designers
- Suggest ways to improve the designs
- Ensure design is in keeping with modeling time (i.e. not over designed or under designed)
- Resolve conflicts between departments over designs
- Deal with clients on designs that need special direction
- Communicate effective and production-friendly solutions when the requests of the client are not possible within production timelines
- Go over submitted designs, make sure they are in show style and in keeping with client and story specifications
- Send out revisions with clear directions for changes
- Deal with problems in the VFX, Modelling Departments, as relates to the design and look of the show.
- Attend breakdown meetings and give input from the Art Department’s point of view
- Help devise a plan for staging the episode in an aesthetically pleasing, but achievable manner
- Help find time-efficient ways to make new parts of the show work – i.e. 3D set, 2D elements
- Ensure the show stays on style
- 5+ years in Art Direction
- BA/BFA Degree in Fine Arts or Commercial Arts field an asset
- Must have strong 2D design experience and able to design a wide variety of landscapes, including architectural, organic/vegetation, geological formations
- Experience in multimedia content, film and television work
- 3D design and modeling experience an asset
- Must possess excellent communications, interpersonal, and multi-tasking skills
· Self management and reviewing one’s own schedule is required, as is notifying production of any tasks that may be missing or improperly specified
- Thrive in a high pressure, deadline oriented environment
- Enjoy working in team atmosphere and has a proactive approach to work
Note: Successful applicant must be a Canadian citizen or possess landed immigrant status and be willing to work at Nerd Corps Studio in Vancouver, Canada.
In keeping with our focus on attracting and retaining high level GCI production talent, Nerd Corps’ goal is to produce high calibre creatively diverse projects which will fully utilize the skill sets of our talented crew and challenge them to grow as professionals and artists. The greatest asset of any company is its people and at Nerd Corps this philosophy forms the cornerstone of our vision for the future.
Located in beautiful Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, Nerd Corps offers its employees the opportunity to experience the diversity and culture of one of the world’s most vibrant cities. The studio is situated within a 30 minute drive of three ski hills, several pristine beaches and countless hiking and mountain biking trails with breathtaking views of the Pacific Ocean and the coastal mountain ranges.
We would like to convey our sincere thanks to all those who express interest in being a part of the Nerd Corps team. Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications we receive we may be unable to reply to all applicants. Please feel free to submit updated work in the future as your skill sets may be a better fit for upcoming projects. If we feel that you may be a good match for one of our current openings you will be contacted.
Please send your resume to:
Nerd Corps Entertainment Inc.
Level 3, 1256 East 6th Avenue
(Please ensure that you state the position you are applying for at the head of your cover letter.)
Original Post: HERE